Community Volunteer Council - SKE Aradippou
The Community Volunteer Council of Aradippou targeting social and community welfare of our fellow human beings began his creative presence in Aradippou on June 19, 1985. SKE Aradippou is a voluntary organisational structure based on its volunteers. His character is a non-profit that aims to serve working parents in the difficult task they have to perform. This is achieved with low tuition, flexible hours, a multifaceted education, providing complete nutrition for children as well as modern and robust buildings that makes SKE of Aradippou a safe and quality environment for children.
Objectives of the Management committee
- The labelling of the social needs of the community and the promotion of necessary social services with the help of the Welfare office.
- Growing and strengthening the spirit of volunteering to the public.
- The close collaboration with the Provincial Council Volunteers and other Social Services of the Ministry of Labour and Social Insurance.
- The development of coordinated efforts with other voluntary organizations of Aradhippou for amelioration of human suffering and the suffering of individuals and families in the community.
- The enlightenment and education of the public on the existing social needs and social services.
The Council members may be representatives of organizations, parties, institutions, authorities and organised community groups. It is governed by the Executive Secretariat and Board of Directors are elected every two years in a General Assembly. The number of members of the Steering Committee is 15-25. Among the members are also elected the President, Vice President, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer and OD.
PROGRAMMES OF SKE ARADIPPOU
1. Day care centres under the name ‘’Mikra Filarakia’’which operates since 1991.
2. Centre of the Protection of Children and Employment- afternoon club.
3. ‘’Structuring Creative and Social Integration of Children with Disabilities’’ which operates since 2007.
1. DAY CARE CENTRE ‘’MIKRA FILARAKIA’’
A special and happy place, rich in stimuli where it can accept children aged 4 months to 5 years old. The educational programme implemented aims a harmonious and balanced development of all aspects of a child’s personality: socio-emotional, sensorimotor, cognitive, linguistic, maths logic. This is achieved through providing opportunities for children to strengthen the capacity for expression, creation, game, understanding and expression of emotions in experiential activities. Open from 6:45 am to 18:00. Kids are offered breakfast, brunch, lunch and afternoon.
2. EMPLOYMENT PROTECTION CENTRE AND CHLIDREN-EVENING CLUB
An ideal space for creative activities pre-school children and elementary school class. Children have the opportunity through a diverse programme to work creatively through various activities and also help is provided for their homework. Open from 13:00 to 18:00 during the school holidays, Christmas Holidays, Easter and Summer programme runs from 7:30 to 15:30. Kids are offered lunch and afternoon.
3. PROGRAMME STRUCTURE CREATION OF SOCIAL INTEGRATION AND CREATIVE EMPLOYEMNT OF CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES
….we know how to provide joy & supplies to your special children!
A special programme designed to support you and your children, in a great place, correctly formed and staffed where you can trust the safekeeping but particularly to the development of your children.
This special programme helps your parents:
- To release time.
- Do spend more quality time with your children.
- Do get information, guidance and support for your children from the experts who staff the programme.
Targets for children involved:
- The successful integration of children into society.
- The ability to cooperate.
- Communication and expression of their unique personality.
- Strengthening self-confidence.
- Happy and creative activities.
- Harnessing Creativity and possibilities.
- Improving and supporting them in their academic course.
- Emotional balance and empowerment.
- Proper diet and habits that support the healthy development of children.
These are achieved through effective technologies appliedin the most pleasant way by specialists who staff the programme Chromo therapy, NLP, music therapy, painting, creating a wonderful programme enriched with excursions and visits to places that help achieve the objectives mentioned on the above. The programme also is staffed by special attendants, which is next to the children every minute, as this ensures the smooth running of the programme.
The programme addresses to:Children with Disabilities, mental retardation and learning disabilities.
Working Hours: 13.00-18.00 pm offers daily lunch and evening meal (during the school holidays, Christmas Holidays, Easter and Summer programme is open from 7.30-15.30 pm)
Our programme is constantly evolving and strengthened and is addressed to all communities in Larnaca.
For any information or any question please contact Maria Andreou, programme manager, or by phone at 99 829 917.
APPLICATIONS FOR REGISTRATION
- DAY CARE CENTRE ‘’MIKRA FILARAKIA’’
- ACTIVITY PROTECTION CENTRE FOR CHILDREN
- ACTIVITY PROTECTION CENTRE AND CHILDREN-SUMMER SCHOOL
Street: 58 Avenue Athens, PC 7103 Aradippou
Phone Numbers: 24531732, 24 532443