Aradippou Municipality is taking an active role in the new co-funded project under the Fund for the Integration of Third Country Nationals titled “Integration Programs of Local Authorities for Third Country Nationals".

The aim of the project is to support the integration process of third country nationals (TCNs) in Cypriot society and improving practices and policies in relation to TCNs. The active participation and involvement of Aradippou Municipality, as one of the largest municipalities of the Republic of Cyprus, will contribute greatly to the smooth integration of TCNs located in Larnaca.

Guided by his motto "Solidarity, Progress and Prosperity", the Municipality will be committed in emphasizing its priority in assisting TCNs to manage their transitions as smoothly as possible and to cope with the challenges of their new life givens.

 

The specific actions to be implemented include the following:

  • Learning Foreign Language
  • Learning Computers
  • Social Orientation (Cyprus History, Social and Demographic Data of Cyprus)
  • Social Care and Educational Support for TCNs’ children
  • Implementation of a Cultural Festival
  • Implementation of a Sports Festival

 

All actions must meet specific qualitative and quantitative targets and the whole program should be completed up to the 30/06/2013. The budget of the project amounts to 119.135 €.

All actions of the project are subsidized by 95% by the European Integration Fund and the rest 5% by the Cyprus Republic.